Aktinson second in shakedown
- 1st September 2006, 8:28am
Australia's Chris Atkinson has set the equal second fastetst time in the shakedown for Rally Japan, which starts at 9am, Australian time, today.
The Subaru star was equal with Ford's Mikko Hirvonen, with Rally Finland winner, Marcus Gronholm, two seconds clear of them both.
Atkinson led the Rally of Japan on the first day last year, before eventually finished the event in a career-best third place.
Pos Driver Car Time
1. Marcus Gronholm Ford 2:25.3
2. Mikko Hirvonen Ford 2:27.1
=. Chris Atkinson Subaru 2:27.1
4. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 2:27.5
5. Gareth MacHale Ford 2:28.3
6. Petter Solberg Subaru 2:28.5
7. Daniel Sordo Citroen 2:29.1
8. Luis Perez Ford 2:29.9
9. Matthew Wilson Ford 2:30.8
10. Manfred Stohl Peugeot 2:31.7
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts