Evans secures British Rally Championship in style
- 21st August 2016, 11:26pm
Welshman Elfyn Evans clinched the 2016 British Rally Championship when he won the sixth round of the series – celebrating with a remarkable anniversary.
Twenty years ago, his father, Gwyndaf, clinched the British series on the same Ulster Rally, held in Northern Ireland, also in a Ford.
Early leader on this two-day event was Ulster driver Alistair Fisher, but he had a front wheel puncture on stage four, dropping to fifth and eventually recovering to second before the finish.
The final round will take place on the Isle of Man, also on asphalt.
MSA British Rally Championship, Round 6 – Ulster Rally
1. Elfyn Evans (GBR)/Craig Parry (GBR), Ford Fiesta R5, 2:11:15.4
2. Jonathan Greer (GBR)/Kirsty Riddick (GBR), Citroen DS3 R5, +1m25.4s
3. David Bogie (GBR)/ James O’Reilly (IRL), Skoda Fabia R5, +2m00.4s
4. Keith Cronin (IRL)/ Mikie Galvin (IRL), Citroen DS3 R5, +2m07.4s
5. Marty McCormack (GBR)/David Moynihan (IRL), Skoda Fabia S2000, +4m:31.9s
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts