Power Stage and new initiatives for Australian Rally Championship
- 14th December 2012, 10:21am
CEO of the Bosch Australian Rally Championship, Scott Pedder, says that the key to maintaining a strong sporting brand is continued evaluation of the product and acceptance that a change in strategy must be adopted throughout the championship.
“One of the key messages that was discussed at our 2013 East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship Organisers and Stakeholders meeting last week was that we need to continually evolve the product and just because we have done something for so long doesn’t actually make it right in this day and age.
“Certainly balancing the needs of all our stakeholders and in particular the commercial versus sporting and participation issues that we face is a continued source of concentration.”
Pedder said the Power Stage is just one of the key initiatives for next year as the ARC strives for greater manufacturer and commercial acceptance in a very cluttered sporting market as well as continued acceptance from its own competitor base and industry.
“Obviously the Power Stage concept has been run with a degree of success within the WRC over the past few seasons and the feedback we received from the Power Stage that was run last year as part of Scouts Rally SA was overwhelmingly positive. With a strong television programme next year we have decided to incorporate a Power Stage for championship points only on the Friday of most events, to greater highlight the incredible action of the ECB ARC and the skill of our top stars.”
Details of the Power stage and other sporting initiatives and aspects will be released with the pending 2013 East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship Sporting and Technical Regulations which are currently in the final stages of completion.
Other key initiatives for the 2013 East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship (subject to Australian Rally Commission Approval in some instances) includes;
• Outright ECB ARC Championship Registration available up to a week prior to Rally Australia/Coffs Coast Rally
• Total Revamp of Class and Category Awards including the introduction of a 1600cc Cup for two wheel drive vehicles to replace the existing Privateers Cup.
• Introduction of the East Coast Bullbars 4WD National Rally Series (already announced) with 2013 highlights being a reduced number of qualifying rounds, reduced cost and media exposure including national television
• Continuation of the Australian Classic Rally Challenge with 2013 highlights being front of field start order, reduced number of qualifying rounds, probable entry fee reductions, media exposure including national television and possible allowance of freedoms to vehicle eligibility to allow vehicles meeting Club Rally Car eligibility for event awards only.
• Continuation of the highly successful rallyschool.com.au Australian Junior Challenge with 2013 , highlights being greater emphasis on Juniors within outright ECB ARC, media exposure including national television and greater freedoms to tyre and fuel allowance to provide Juniors with less barriers for outright competitiveness
• Greater Freedoms to SUV Technical Regulations including drivetrain and cooling systems.
• Improvements to administrative processes for all but especially registered ECB ARC competitors • Greater Financial, Operational and Commercial Support for events from ARC lead by increase of event specific television exposure to 8 hours of national television per event (as per separate release)
• Introduction of a more comprehensive event feedback system • Introduction of the new Australian Fiesta Sport Trophy by R-Sport
• The exciting addition of the National Capital Rally in Canberra as the opening round of the 2013 East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship
• Major Commercial Focus on Social Media and improvements to Online and on-event spectator information and access
• Introduction of the Australian Rally Hall of Fame with first inductees to awarded as part of a special gala event on Tuesday, February 26 in Canberra.
Stay tuned to rally.com.au over the coming weeks for further exciting developments relating to the 2013 East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts