Solberg fastest in Rally of Spain shakedown
- 21st October 2011, 10:07am
The Norwegian was just two tenths quicker than Federico Villagra in his Ford Fiesta RS, with the Munchi's man two-tenths clear of a trio of drivers in third - headed by Citroen's championship protagonist Sebastian Ogier. Ford pair Jari-Matti Latvala and Henning Solberg matched Ogier's time
The Spanish round of the WRC, the second last round, starts today (Australian time).
Rally Espana Shakedown times – Top ten:
1. Petter Solberg PSWRT Citroen DS3 WRC 02mins 08.5secs M
2. Federico Villagra Munchi's Ford Fiesta RS WRC 02mins 08.7secs M
3. Sebastien Ogier Citroen Total WRT DS3 WRC 02mins 08.9secs M
=. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford Abu Dhabi WRT Fiesta RS WRC 02mins 08.9secs M
=. Henning Solberg M-Sport Stobart Ford Fiesta RS WRC 02mins 08.9secs
6. Mikko Hirvonen Ford Abu Dhabi WRT Fiesta RS WRC 02mins 09.0secs M
7. Mads Ostberg M-Sport Stobart Ford Fiesta RS WRC 02mins 09.1secs M
=. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total WRT DS3 WRC 02mins 09.1secs M
9. Dani Sordo MINI WRT John Cooper Works 02mins 09.4secs
10. Kris Meeke MINI WRT John Cooper Works 02mins 10.7secs
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.