Surprise victor in Rallye Burnie
- 31st July 2006, 10:12am
David Catchpole and Heather Clarke have taken out the Rallye Burnie tarmac event, held in Tasmania on the weekend.
Driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4, the pair defeated pre-event favourites Jim Richards and Barry Oliver by 10 seconds, with circuit racer Tony Longhurst third.
Richards' Porshe 944 Turbo finished nearly two minutes clear of Longhurst's Impreza WRX, while the similar car of Simon Bartter was fourth.
1. Catchpole / Clarke, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4
2. Richards / Oliver, Porsche 944 Turbo, +10s
3. Longhurst / Scott, Subaru Impreza WRX, +1m49s
4. Bartter / Wheeler, Subaru Impreza WRX, +2s
5. Algadri / Taylor, Subaru Impreza WRX, +43s
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts