Volkswagen continues to lead Morocco Rally
- 28th September 2007, 10:06am
Finishing the day in second place, their team-mates Giniel de Villiers/Dirk von Zitzewitz, defended their position as the overall runners-up in front of Carlos Sousa/Andreas Schulz in the Race Touareg of Team Lagos.
On the 344-kilometre stage around the desert oasis of Zagora, which is one of the two longest special stages of the entire rally, Mark Miller/Ralph Pitchford in their Volkswagen Race Touareg, claimed fifth place overall behind BMW driver Nasser Al-Attiyah.
The fourth round of the FIA Cross-Country Rally World Cup continues today with another 244-kilometre loop around Zagora.
Results after Leg 3
1. Carlos Sainz/Michel Périn, Volkswagen Race Touareg 2, 8h19m12s;
2. Giniel de Villiers/Dirk von Zitzewitz, Volkswagen Race Touareg, + 4m31s;
3. Carlos Sousa/Andreas Schulz, Volkswagen Race Touareg, + 16m28s;
4. Nasser Al-Attiyah/Alain Guehennec, BMW X3 CC, + 22m11s;
5. Mark Miller/Ralph Pitchford, Volkswagen Race Touareg 2, + 31m21s.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.