Volkswagen continues to lead Morocco Rally
- 28th September 2007, 10:06am
Finishing the day in second place, their team-mates Giniel de Villiers/Dirk von Zitzewitz, defended their position as the overall runners-up in front of Carlos Sousa/Andreas Schulz in the Race Touareg of Team Lagos.
On the 344-kilometre stage around the desert oasis of Zagora, which is one of the two longest special stages of the entire rally, Mark Miller/Ralph Pitchford in their Volkswagen Race Touareg, claimed fifth place overall behind BMW driver Nasser Al-Attiyah.
The fourth round of the FIA Cross-Country Rally World Cup continues today with another 244-kilometre loop around Zagora.
Results after Leg 3
1. Carlos Sainz/Michel Périn, Volkswagen Race Touareg 2, 8h19m12s;
2. Giniel de Villiers/Dirk von Zitzewitz, Volkswagen Race Touareg, + 4m31s;
3. Carlos Sousa/Andreas Schulz, Volkswagen Race Touareg, + 16m28s;
4. Nasser Al-Attiyah/Alain Guehennec, BMW X3 CC, + 22m11s;
5. Mark Miller/Ralph Pitchford, Volkswagen Race Touareg 2, + 31m21s.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts