The increasingly popular Rally of the Heartland will return in 2019 – with naming rights sponsor, AGL Energy continuing, and featuring wind farm stages of up to 40km in length.
These are exciting, challenging and very technical stages that provide un-paralleled competition, and are unique in Australia.
To be held on June 1 and 2, 2019, the rally will feature over 450-kilometre competitive and based in the Hallett/Burra/Mount Bryan area, and one that is quite a bit “different” to what has gone before.
Competition will run on Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday, and will be self-contained within the weekend to minimise time away from home.
The event will be open to Classic Rally Cars (C1-C4) and other Rally Cars accepted as being suitable for the event by the organisers. Only Classics will be eligible to win outright.
"We also offer other categories that will cater for a broad range of competition opportunities, and we will make it as easy as possible to enter and process the requirements of scrutineering and documentation," event director, Ivar Stanelis, said.
"We will run a very relaxed rally."
The stages through the wind farms are a feature of the AGL Rally of the Heartland. Photo: Matt Talbot.
Key features of the rally include:
• Naming rights sponsor is AGL Energy.
• Longest wind farm stage is almost 40km.
• Long night stages in full darkness
• Service Park is in the heart of Burra at Paxton Square – step out of your room into your service area
• This is a “blind” event. It is a road book only rally. Owen Polanski is the Course Checker
• No local testing, no recce, no pacenotes, tyres not mandated, no parc fermé.
• RallySafe is mandatory for all cars
• Five MIVs will be in attendance, covering all stages accordingly
• Regional scrutiny allowed/encouraged across the board, spot checks during event.
Entries for the event will be limited to 60 cars, and a starting spot can be reserved by a payment of $200, which will come off the entry fee.
For further details on the Rally of the Heartland, contact Ivar Stanelis on 0418 834311, or email email@example.com
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires.
If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period.
You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.
Welcome to RallySport Magazine VIP Membership.
Get ready for your rally news experience to completely transform.
Start browsing news, exclusive VIP content or check out your account.