2020 North Island rally calendar confirmed
- 18th June 2020, 2:29pm
A series of club rallies are now scheduled to take place around the North Island of New Zealand during the remainder of 2020.
Following the postponement of the 2020 New Zealand Rally Championship due to COVID-19, clubs up and down the country have worked together to ensure a series of high-quality events are ready for competitors to enjoy.
The calendar incorporates two test days, one in June and another in July, to help competitors get ready, as well as traditional multi-stage rallies and exciting shorter rallysprint formats in several North Island locations."We are really excited to be able to announce this series of North Island rally events," said Elton Goonan, Acting CEO of MotorSport New Zealand. "Rallying is an important part of our sport, particularly over the winter months and having these events, coupled with the recently announced South Island rally events, it provides a real shot in the arm for rallying and allows competitors to get back in motion. I'm looking forward to seeing these fields fill up quickly as the competitors support the organising clubs.
"I want to thank David Loughlin, our Rally Commission Chair, and all the clubs who have been working together over the past month for the betterment of the sport. I wish them all the best for a successful series of events."
The North Island calendar compliments the eight-event calendar announced by South Island clubs in May.2020 North Island Rally Calendar:
- Jun 21 Rally Test Day - Rallydrive NZ Maramarua
- Jul TBC Rally Test Day - Te Matai Motorsport TECT Park
- Aug 2 Maramarua Rallysprint - South Auckland Car Club
- Aug 23 Hoddle Rd Rallysprint - Hamilton Car Club
- Sep 6 Maramarua Clubmans Rally - Pukekohe Car Club
- Sep 20 Piakonui Rd Rallysprint - Thames Valley Car Club
- Oct 18 Rally of the Bay - Motorsport Bay of Plenty
- Oct 25 James Allen Rallysprint - South Auckland Car Club
- Nov 14 City of Auckland Rally - Rally New Zealand
- Nov 15 Jack's Ridge Rallysprint - Rally New Zealand
- Dec 6 Waikato Clubmans Rally - Hamilton Car Club
You may also like:https://rallysportmag.com/interview-jack-hawkeswood-kiwi-second-generation-rally-star/ https://rallysportmag.com/5-minutes-with-nz-co-driver-dave-neill/
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.