Atkinson third after SS1 in Rally Finland
- 1st August 2008, 9:01am
The stage was won by reigning world champion Sebastien Loeb, who finished the 2.06 kilometre stage in Killeri only 0.3 seconds ahead of Danni Sordo.
Atkinson was next quickest, tied with Mikko Hirvonen, just one tenth of a second further back.
The rally recommences Friday (2.30 Australian time) for the first full day of racing with a further ten stages of competition across 129 competitive kilometres.
Results – end SS1 – Rally Finland
1. LOEB, Citroën, 01:20.5,
2. SORDO, Citroën, 01:20.8, +00.3
3. HIRVONEN, Ford, 01:20.9, +00.4
4. ATKINSON, Subaru, 01:20.9, +00.4
5. P SOLBERG, Subaru, 01:21.1, +00.6
6. LATVALA, Ford, 01:21.3, +00.8
7. AAVA, Citroën, 01:21.4, +00.9
8. MIKKELSEN, Ford, 01:21.5, +01.0
VIP Exclusive Content
Get full, exclusive access for only $6.55/month.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts
Already have an account? Sign in