Atko fastest in Swedish shakedown
- 9th February 2007, 8:27am
Subaru's number two driver, Chris Atkinson was quickest in the shakedown for the Swedish Rally on Thursday morning, the second round in the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship.
Atkinson, who heads into the event on something of a high having snatched fourth place from BP Ford's Mikko Hirvonen on the final test of the Rallye Monte Carlo last month, completed the 5 kilometre test near Rada in 1 minute 53.8 seconds.
Pre-event favourite Marcus Gronholm was next up, two tenths slower, on a 1 min 54 secs. The Finn opted for just two runs over the test, while Atkinson did four in his Impreza.
Petter Solberg meanwhile was third in the second Subaru WRT entry, just 0.1 seconds behind Gronholm, while reigning world champion, Sebastien Loeb had to settle for fourth spot in the new Citroen C4, after five circuits.
Leading shakedown times:
1. Chris Atkinson Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 1mins 53.8secs M
2. Marcus Gronholm BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06 1mins 54.0secs M
3. Petter Solberg Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 1mins 54.1secs M
4. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC 1mins 54.7secs M
5. Mikko Hirvonen BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06 1mins 55.1secs M
6. Toni Gardemeister MMSP Ltd Lancer WR05 1mins 55.3secs
7. Daniel Sordo Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC 1mins 55.4secs M
8. Manfred Stohl OMV Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC 1mins 55.5secs M
9. Jari-Matti Latvala Stobart Ford Focus WRC 06 1mins 55.6secs M
= Henning Solberg Stobart Ford Focus WRC 06 1mins 55.6secs M
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.