Beaumont wins GP Rally
- 23rd March 2007, 9:53am
Beaumont and Runnalls were quickest on three of the four days of the event which was based at Benalla, but upped the ante to record wins on the next three days of the 45-entry event.
Sub-events held at the Shepparton DECA centre, Winton raceway, the Mangalore aerodrome and the Broadford motorsport complex, were interspersed with open road navigational sections and it was here that careful navigation was to make or break a good on-track performance.
Fortunately for Beaumont and Gainsmith, their co-drivers, Runnalls and Cole, upheld their end of the bargain, guiding them to the finish at the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix on Wednesday afternoon.
1. Jeff Beaumont/Ross Runnalls, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9, 2412.5
2. Warren Gainsmith/Jenny Cole, Nissan Skyline GTR, 2338.5
3. Nick Creswell/Michelle Creswell, Subaru Impreza WRX, 2283.0
4. Peter Ord/Geoff Floyd, Porsche 996 Turbo, 2277.5
5. Brent Coleman/Gary Coleman, Holden Commodore, 2226.5
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts