Citroen shows their colours with new C3 WRC
- 20th September 2016, 10:05pm
The colour scheme for the new Citroen World Rally Car has been revealed ahead of next week’s Paris Salon, with the car finally confirmed as being called ‘C3 WRC’.
The colours were shown on a “concept car”, while the company press release states enigmatically: “Very close to the finalised car, the C3 WRC concept car hints at the intentions of the Citroën style centre without giving everything away about its final form”, and “while the final version that will race in the championship will be fully compliant with current FIA WRC regulations, the C3 WRC concept car is already almost there.”
No specific news about the team or the specification of the car is expected to be announced next week in Paris.
The new C3 WRC will feature:
* Enhanced engine power to around 380bhp, made possible in particular by enlarging the diameter of the turbo flange to 36mm.
* Greater freedom with aerodynamics with a maximum width of 1875mm, a protruding front bumper and a rear bumper fitted with a diffuser.
* An enlarged rear spoiler moved further back for even greater aerodynamic support.
* The car is 25kg lighter.
* Electronic differential control is now allowed.
- Martin Holmes
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts