Dowel takes East Gippsland VRC win
- 7th May 2007, 2:54pm
Justin Dowel and Matt Lee have won round two of the Victorian Rally Championship, the East Gippsland Stages, held on Saturday.
Driving their Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, the pair too a 52 second victory over round one winners, Mark Fawcett and Simon Ellis, in a Subaru Impreza WRX.
In third place, and making a return to the sport, was the Impreza of Melbourne car dealer David Nutter, with Catherine Taylor in the left hand seat.
Ivan Regester was fourth, with ARC regular Brendan Reeves fifth.
Of the 35 starters in the event, 29 finished. Of those who didn’t make it to the finish, five retired through mechanical problems, while young speedster Brenton Kaitler hit two trees in his Lancer Evo 6.
1. Justin Dowel/Matt Lee 51m42s
2. Mark Fawcett / Simon Ellis 52.34
3. David Nutter / Catherine Taylor 52.38
4. Ivan Regester / Paul Humm 52.51
5. Brendan Reeves / Rhianon Smyth 52.56
6. Craig Morris / Carrie Morris 53.21
7. Warren Lee / David Lethlean 53.39
8. Jesse Robison / Sam Robison 53.50
9. Steve Kenway / Lauren Kenway 55.02
10. Nathan Reeves / Scott Spedding 55.13
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts