Evans quickest in shakedown
- 30th March 2007, 3:38pm
Simon Evans was fastest in today's shakedown for Rally Queensland, 0.4 of a second ahead of the local PRC Lancer Evo 6 of Steve Shepheard.
In third place was Dean Herridge in a Impreza WRX, just ahead of young guns Will Orders and Brendan Reeves.
The best of the new Super 2000 cars was Neal Bates' Toyota in sixth, with Michael Guest eighth in his Ford Fiesta.
The rally gets under way tomorrow.
coates Rally Queensland - Shakedown Stage Times
1. Simon Evans (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) 1m09.4s
2. Steven Shepheard (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6) 1:09.8
3. Dean Herridge (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.0
4. Will Orders (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.4
5. Brendan Reeves (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.9
6. Neal Bates (Toyota Corolla Super 2000) 1:11.4
7. Glenn Brinkman (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9) 1:13.3
8. Michael Guest (Ford Fiesta Super 2000) 1:14.7
9. Glen Raymond (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:15.2
10. Molly Taylor (Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg) 1:17.9
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.