Evans quickest in shakedown
- 30th March 2007, 3:38pm
Simon Evans was fastest in today's shakedown for Rally Queensland, 0.4 of a second ahead of the local PRC Lancer Evo 6 of Steve Shepheard.
In third place was Dean Herridge in a Impreza WRX, just ahead of young guns Will Orders and Brendan Reeves.
The best of the new Super 2000 cars was Neal Bates' Toyota in sixth, with Michael Guest eighth in his Ford Fiesta.
The rally gets under way tomorrow.
coates Rally Queensland - Shakedown Stage Times
1. Simon Evans (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) 1m09.4s
2. Steven Shepheard (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6) 1:09.8
3. Dean Herridge (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.0
4. Will Orders (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.4
5. Brendan Reeves (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:10.9
6. Neal Bates (Toyota Corolla Super 2000) 1:11.4
7. Glenn Brinkman (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9) 1:13.3
8. Michael Guest (Ford Fiesta Super 2000) 1:14.7
9. Glen Raymond (Subaru Impreza WRX) 1:15.2
10. Molly Taylor (Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg) 1:17.9
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts