Herridge takes early lead in Rally SA
- 10th August 2007, 10:28pm
Toyota Kluger Rally South Australia kicked off tonight with two Special Stages around the Angaston Oval. Dean Herridge holds a narrow lead of just two one hundredths of a second after two runs around the 930 metre track.
Toyota team mates Neal Bates and Simon Evans both recorded the same time on their second run, 0.7 seconds slower than Herridge, leaving them in second and third places respectively.
Last year's winner, Steve Glenney, has finished the night in fourth spot, just ahead of young Victorian Brendan Reeves (Subaru). Ford's Michael Guest holds down seventh place, whilst South Australians Declan Dwyer (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III) and Brett Kipling (Lancer Evo V), performed brilliantly in front of their home crowd, finishing eighth and ninth.
Ford's Darren Windus (10th) and Mitsubishi driver Spencer Lowndes (6) both made it to the start line after earlier mishaps threatened to end their rally before it had even started.
Top ten after SS2:
1. Dean Herridge/Bill Hayes, Subaru;
2. Neal Bates/Coral Taylor, Toyota;
3. Simon Evans/Sue Evans, Toyota;
4. Steve Glenney/Bernie Webb, Subaru;
5. Brendan Reeves/Rhianon Smyth, Subaru;
6. Spencer Lowndes/Chris Randell, Mitsubishi;
7. Michael Guest/Mark Stacey, Ford;
8. Declan Dwyer/Craig Adams, Mitsubishi;
9. Brett Kipling/Fred Gocentas, Mitsubishi;
10. Darren Windus/Jon Mortimer, Ford.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts