Impressive Reeves wins Akademos Rally
- 17th November 2008, 8:51am
Reeves, with sister Rhianon Smyth calling the pacenotes, drove the only non-turbocharged car in the top 10, winning by 12 seconds in his Subaru Impreza RS.
The rally was held in the Alexandra/Buxton region in Victoria, and consisted of four stages each run twice.
"It really was a shock to come away with the win," Reeves said. "We were just using the event as further practice for the Fiesta International Shootout in the UK next month, so to win was a real bonus.
"It's a real confidence booster," he added.
It was a great day for the Reeves family, with older brother, Nathan, finishing in second place (co-driven by Scott Spedding) in a Subaru Impreza WRX STI.
Mark Fawcett and Simon Ellis rounded out a Subaru top three in their WRX.
The Akademos is the only pacenoted round of the Victorian Championship this year. Crews did reconnaissance on Saturday, with the rally run on Sunday.
Final results, Akademos Rally
1. Brendan Reeves/Rhianon Smyth, Subaru Impreza RS, 77:24
2. Nathan Reeves/Scott Spedding, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 77:36
3. Mark Fawcett/Simon Ellis, Subaru WRX Spec C, 77:44
4. Warren Lee/David Lethlean, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 2, 78:27
5. Matt Swan/Paul Franklin, Subaru WRX STi V5, 78:46
6. Derek Reynolds/Ray Baker, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5, 79:14
7. Craig Morris/Carrie Morris, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, 79:31
8. David West/Tod Reed, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 2, 79:37
9. David Nutter/Catherine Taylor, Subaru WRX RA, 79:57
10. Kirk Marks/Sarah Marks, Subaru WRX STi RA, 80:44
Photos: John Doutch
CHECK BACK TOMORROW FOR MORE JOHN DOUTCH PHOTOS FROM THE AKADEMOS RALLY
VIP Exclusive Content
Get full, exclusive access for only $6.55/month.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts
Already have an account? Sign in