Loeb in familiar territory in Argentina
- 26th April 2009, 10:24am
Sebastien Loeb sits in a familiar position at the end of Leg 2 of Rally Argentina, after Mikko Hirvonen was hindered by overheating problems in his Ford Focus WRC. The Finn lost 53 seconds and dropped from second to third place when his engine temperature rose above 130 degrees Celcius in SS13. Three stages later, Hirvonen was forced to retire, despite trying to cool his engine with river water collected in his drink bottle.
Hirvonen's demise leaves Loeb sitting almost one minute ahead of Citroen team mate, Dani Sordo, with Ford's Jari-Matti Latvala, in third.
Petter Solberg suffered turbo boost problems and engine overheating, but maintained his fourth place, with brother Henning finishing the day in fifth.
Rally Argentina, results after Leg 2
1. S Loeb/D Elena (FRA) CitroÃ«n C4 3h26m03.7s
2. D Sordo/M Marti (ESP) CitroÃ«n C4 +58.6s
3. J-M Latvala/M Antilla (FIN) Ford Focus RS +1m40.1s
4. P Solberg/P Mills (NOR) CitroÃ«n Xsara +2m40.3s
5. H Solberg/C Menkerud (NOR) Ford Focus RS +3m24.0s
6. F Villagra/J Perez Companc (ARG) Ford Focus RS +5m09.0s
7. M Wilson/S Martin (GB) Ford Focus RS +5m27.0s
8. M Hirvonen/J Lehtinen(FIN) Ford Focus RS +15m57.6s
9. N Al-Attiyah/G Bernacchini (QAT) Subaru Impreza +19m45.0s
10. S Ogier/J Ingrassia (FRA) CitroÃ«n C4 +20m19.3s
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts