Mr and Mrs Loeb win Rally du Var
- 30th November 2009, 10:53am
Sebastien and Severine Loeb have won the 2009 Rally du Var in a Citroen C4 WRC. The Loebs won Saturday's rally by just under two minutes, leading home former Subaru World Rally Team driver, Stephane Sarrazin in a Peugeot 207 S2000.
Rally du Var is a special one for Loeb as it was on this event he was given his first works drive with Citroen in a Xsara kit car back in 2000. Last year the Loebs drove a C2 1600 in the event and finished on the podium but this year team boss Olivier Quesnel offered Seb the chance to drive the WRC car.
The Loebs enjoyed the event with Sebastien commenting, "We were under absolutely no pressure and our only aim was to entertain the spectators."
"It's always nice when you win, and I also prefer giving a celebratory kiss on the podium to Severine rather than Daniel [Elena]."
Results - Rally du Var
1. Sébastien Loeb-Séverine Loeb (FRA/Citroën C4 WRC) 2h 31:17.6
2. Stéphane Sarrazin-Jacques-Julien Renucci (FRA/Peugeot 207) 1:56.5
3. Patrick Henry-Magali Lombard (FRA/Peugeot 307 WRC) 2:27.1
4. Cédric Robert-Matthieu Duval (FRA/Fiat Punto S2000) 2:38.6
5. Pieter Tsjoen-Eddy Chevaillier (Bel/Ford Focus WRC08) 3:03.4
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts