Raymond wins rain shortened Rally Victoria
- 13th November 2010, 10:14pm
As a result, the last five forest stages were cancelled. During the half-way service break at Lardner Park, the teams were held in Parc Ferme until the final Stage, Lardner Park, was run at 2:00pm.
The event was taken out by Glen and Matt Raymond in their Raymond Partners Accounting Mitsubishi Lancer by 40 seconds. Second place was hard-fighting Justin Dowel and Matt Lee in their Activ RallySport Mitsubishi Lancer.
A further 30 seconds back in third was Mark Pedder and Lee Tierney in the Pedders Suspension Mitsubishi Lancer appeared to keep a calm mind all day, and goes to show the consistency of the pair in adverse weather conditions rewarded them well.
The inaugural Rally Victoria would not have been staged without the help of hundreds of volunteers who sweltered in the heat Friday and were saturated in the rain today.
The organising committee wish to thank the huge team which made the event, and brought the Australian Rally Championship back to the state of Victoria.
Rally Victoria, Final Results
1. Glen Raymond / Matt Raymond, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, 1h31m30.0s
2. Justin Dowel / Matt Lee, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, +40.2
3. Mark Pedder / Lee Tierney, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, +1m10.0s
4. Ryan Smart / Rebecca Smart, Toyota Corolla Sportivo, +2m03.6s
5. Leigh Hynes / Stuart Percival, Subaru Impreza WRX, +3m01.1s
6. Steve Shepheard / John McCarthy, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, +4m59.0s
www.rallysportmag.com.au will feature photos from Rally Victoria on the website tomorrow.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts