Simonson wins Rally Tasmania
- 19th February 2007, 8:45am
The tarmac ace defeated Cody Crocker and Ben Atkinson by 15 seconds in the event, with locals Jason and John White third in a Lamborghini.
In the Heritage category, Steve Hoinville claimed victory in his Ford Escort RS1600 after leader Keith Callinan went off the road on the final day in his Pantera. Callinan’s son, Daniel, was second in a Holdem Commodore, with South Australia’s David McDonough third in a Ford Capri.
1. Simonson / Searcy - Mitsubishi EVO 9
2. Crocker / Atkinson - Subaru Impreza WRX
3. White / White - Lamborghini Gallardo
4. Evans / Murphy - Subaru Impreza WRX
5. Longhurst / Andrews - Subaru Impreza WRX
6. Richards / Oliver - Porsche 911
7. Heskin / Deniese - EVO 9
=8. Warren / Boyle - EVO 9
=8. Catchpole / Clarke - Mitsubishi EVO 4
10. Brown / Locker - Mitsubishi EVO 9
1. Hoinville / Hoinville - Ford Escort RS 1600
2. D Callinan / T Callinan - 79 Commodore
3. McDonough / Wilson - 71 Ford Capri
4. Stack / Forgie - 73 Porsche 911
5. Tierney / Carra - 74 Porsche 911
6. Taylor / Harper - 74 Porsche Carrera
7. Leeson / Dell - 69 Ford Falcon XW GTHO
8. Burton / Burton - 80 Porsche 928
9. Banks / Banks - 71 BMW
10. Kelly / Kelly - 79 Ford Falcon XD
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.