Skip to content
This weekend's Monaro Stages Rally, the third round of the NSW Rally Championship, has been cancelled.
The rally was to have been run on Saturday, however, the forecast of heavy rain over the following two days has seen use of the forests denied.
Although the Bureau of Meteorology is only predicting between 3 and 6mm of rain on Friday, Saturday's forecast is for 15 to 25mm of rain, with thunderstorms and heavy falls possible.
Kim Winks, the Clerk of Course, released the following statement:
"It's with a heavy heart that I need to convey that Monaro Stages Rally for 31st October 2020 has been cancelled. Forestry NSW have rescinded our permit based on the weather forecast for the weekend.
"It is a huge disappointment, but totally understandable. If you have booked accommodation at the Lodge or elsewhere and cannot get a refund, we will still be here at the Lodge until Sunday, so you are all welcome to join us for a beer to drown our sorrows.
"There is a dam at the Lodge, which has a wayward fish, that Brian, the Lodge owner, needs catching ... so bring your fishing rods, be self sufficient for food. Happy to have you all join us for the weekend (or part there of) - please let us know if you'd still like to come down.
"As you can imagine, we still have a lot to work through and we'll be in touch in due course. Thank you all for your patience with all that was going on."
– Kim Winks, Clerk of Course
VIP Exclusive Content
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts