Alpine Rally signs tyre deal for 2017 event
The Alpine Rally of East Gippsland, Australia’s most spectacular and prestigious gravel rally for 2wd cars, has signed a major partnership with MRF tyres to be the “Official and Exclusive Tyre Partner” for the event in 2017.
Alpine Rally Clerk of Course, Owen Polanski said: “Signing up with MRF Tyres as our exclusive partner was a no brainer. Their involvement in Australian rallying is absolutely phenomenal and the product, customer service and long-term commitment offered by MRF Tyres is second to none.
“The grip and durability of the tyres are very good which is exactly what Alpine competitors are looking for.”
Mentor Tyres CEO Vivek Ponnusamy added: “We are humbled and happy to be associated with the Alpine Rally. Being such a prestigious gravel rally for classic 2wd cars, we are happy to supply our world class product to the competitors.
“Currently our tyres are used by various classic competitors and they are all very happy about the performance and durability.”
As part of the partnership, Alpine competitors will receive the following:
• “Alpine special tyre price” for all competitors.
• MRF Tyre trucks present at foreshore, Lakes Entrance, and all service parks from
• FREE fitting and servicing of MRF tyres at the event
• Pre-ordered tyres will be delivered FREE to Lakes Entrance.
• Online tyre ordering system for Alpine competitors (coming soon)
The Alpine Rally of East Gippsland starts from Lakes Entrance on December 1, with up to 120 entries expected.
– Event release