Geoff Portman wins 2009 Alpine Rally
- 15th November 2009, 8:26pm
Geoff Portman has won his fifth Alpine Rally by driving his Holden Commodore to a one minute and 37 second victory in the three-day event, based in Lakes Entrance on the Victorian coast.
Portman and navigator Ross Runnalls (who won his eighth Alpine), set up their lead in the night stages on Saturday, and maintained their advantage over the final seven stages on Sunday.
Second in the event was the NSW pairing of Brad Goldsbrough and Arron Topliff in a Datsun 1600, while the Porsche 911 of Jeff David and Grant Geelan were third.
A report on the 2009 Yokohama Alpine Rally will appear later this week on www.rallysportmag.com.au (once we get the dust out from between our teeth, under our fingernails and in our ears .......)
2009 Yokohama Alpine Rally - Top 10 finishers
1. Geoff Portman/Ross Runnalls, Holden Commodore VH, 222:00:00
2. Brad Goldsbrough/Arron Topliff, Datsun 1600, 223:37:00
3. Jeff David/Grant Geelan, Porsche 911, 225:56:00
4. Ross Allan/Scott Allan, Nissan Bluebird, 230:08:00
5. Andrew Bell//Correne Seabrook, Nissan Bluebird, 230:21:00
6. Kari Dirickx/Tim Batten, Datsun P510, 230:38:00
7. Michael Conway/Jenny Cole, Ford Escort Mk 2, 232:13:00
8. Richard Galley/Mark Neary, Datsun 260Z, 232:50:00
9. Jack Monkhouse/Dale Moscatt, Datsun 180B SSS, 233:17:00
10. Brian Semmens/Dan Parry, Nissan 200SX RV S12, 236:24:00
View full results from the 2009 Alpine Rally
Visit the RallySport Magazine Photo Gallery for Peter Whitten's photos from the Alpine Rally.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts