Jeff Beaumont’s Porsche 911
- 26th June 2007, 12:00pm
Jeff Beaumont is certainly no stranger to motorsport and is one of the few competitors who has been able to practice his skills on either side of the cockpit.
* Originally printed in the January 2005 issue of RallySport Magazine
Starting out as a navigator, Beaumont teamed with West Australian Ross Dunkerton to win the Australian Rally Championship three times – in 1976 and ’77 in Datsun 260Zs and in 1979 in a Datsun Stanza.
Beaumont has enjoyed some great battles in his familiar Porsche 911, always placing well despite giving away some horsepower to the other more highly-developed opposition.
His best result in the car has been an outright first in the Heritage section of Rally Tasmania in 2002, an event he obviously enjoys. Other top placings in the event include second outright on two occasions (2000 and 2001) and third outright in 2003. Classic Adelaide is also a special event for him and one he’d dearly love to win. Results in this event include second outright in 2001 and a fifth place in 2000 and 2002.
At the wheel of various Evo versions of Mitsubishi Lancers, Beaumont has been a regularly-successful competitor in other tarmac events, particularly the Grand Prix Rally and, in 2003, the Mt. Buller Sprint.
TECH SPEC - PORSCHE 911
1970 Porsche 911, bare shell rebuild, strengthened and reinforced. Upgraged to 1973 Carrera RS specification.
Chrome Moly welded in roll cage. Fuel Safe fuel cell, twin fuel pumps, Velo seats, Willans harnesses, fire bomb.
92 x 75mm flat 6, Porsche 911 magnesium block, Mahle racing pistons, 12.0:1 compression ratio, ported head, large valves, G60 camshafts, mechanical fuel injection with Carrera injection pump, front mounted PWR oil cooler. 280bhp @ 7000 rpm.
Porsche 915 gearbox with close ratios, ZF limited slip differential, competition clutch.
DMS 50mm front struts utilising Porsche stub axles, DMS 50mm rear shock absorbers with tarmac settings, fully adjustable bump/rebound, uprated Porsche torsion bars, adjustable sway bars.
Front: Boxter front rotors and calipers. Rear: Bremtex rear calipers. Pads: Pagid RS-4 Blue.
Front: 15” x 7” Fuchs forged alloy. Rear: 15: x 8” Fuchs forged alloy.
- 1973 Victorian Rally Championship navigator (with Bob Watson – Holden Dealer Team)
- 1976 Australian Rally Championship-winning navigator (with Ross Dunkerton – Datsun 240Z).
- 1977 Australian Rally Championship-winning navigator (with Ross Dunkerton – Datsun 710).
- 1979 Australian Rally Championship-winning navigator (with Ross Dunkerton – Datsun Stanza).
- 1991 Singapore Autocross Champion (Nissan GtiR)
- 1992 Rally Indonesia (APRC) 1st. Group N
- 1996 Malaysian Sprint Rally Champion
- 1997 Singapore Tarmac Rally Champion
- 1998 Singapore Tarmac Rally Champion
- 1999 Singapore Tarmac Rally Champion
- 2000 Singapore Tarmac Rally Champion
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.