Marcus leads in Sweden
- 10th February 2007, 7:42am
BP-Ford driver Marcus Gronholm leads Rally Sweden at the end of Leg One. The Finn gained the lead on SS5, and held it for the rest of the day, to finish 11.1 seconds ahead of Citroen's Sebastien Loeb.
After leading the first few stages of the day, Petter Solberg slipped back to third place, followed closely by his brother, Henning.
Australians Chris Atkinson and Glenn Macneall increased their pace steadily throughout the day to finish Friday's stages in 9th place.
Results - Rally Sweden, Leg 1:
1. Gronholm/Rautiainen, Ford.
2. Loeb/Elena, Citroen, +11.1.
3. Solberg/Mills, Subaru, +22.6.
4. Solberg/Menkerud, Ford, +27.9.
5. Hirvonen/Lehtinen, Ford, +31.0.
6. Gardemeister/Honkanen, Mitsubishi, +34.9.
7. Carlsson/Giraudet, Citroen, +44.1.
8. Stohl/Minor, Citroen, 1:05.0.
9. Atkinson/Macneall, Subaru, +1:08.8.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.