Skip to content
Veterans Ian Hill and Phil Bonser have showed that age is no deterrent to success by winning the weekend's Myall Lakes Rally in New South Wales.
The pair were stars of Australian rallying in the 1980s, winning the Alpine Rally in a Ford Escort RS1800.
Three decades on they've proved that they still have the speed, taking a narrow eight second win over the Subaru Impreza WRX of Scott McCloy and Ron McMahonan.
Bruce Durham brought his Toyota Celica home in third place in the event, ahead of Ian Wilson (Pajero 4WD) and David Hills (Escort).
APS Myall Lakes Rally results:
1. Ian Hill/Phillip Bonser, Ford Escort, 54m34s
2. Scott McCloy/Ron McMahon, Subaru WRX, 54m42s
3. Bruce Durham/Stephen Bramble, Toyota Celica, 56m45s
4. Ian Wilson/Brett Kerr, Mitsubishi Pajero, 56m50s
5. David Hills/Ben Richards, Ford Escort, 57m03s
Full Myall Lakes Rally results are available HERE.
VIP Exclusive Content
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts