Rodda wins SARC opening round
- 3rd May 2016, 1:47am
The Mitsubishi Evo IX crew of James Rodda and Dave Langfield proved the old adage that to finish first, you must first finish, in the RAA Southern Rally, the opening round of the 2016 South Australian Rally Championship on May 1.
The 2013 Champions finished 23.9 seconds ahead of the Subaru WRX STI crew of Aaron Bowering and Nathan Lowe after 10 stages, with Andrew Gleeson and Fred Brewer’s Datsun Stanza 2 minutes and 21 seconds further back in third.
The rally’s 128 km competitive stages were mostly held in the Second Valley Forest on the state’s south coast, as well as a long stage through the large Balquhidder cattle property.
A full report and more photos from the event will appear in next week’s digital issue of RallySport Magazine.
1. James Rodda/Dave Langfield (Mitsubishi Evo IX)
2. Aaron Bowering/Nathan Lowe (Subaru WRX STI), +.23.9s
3. Andrew Gleeson/Fred Brewer (Datsun Stanza), +3m44.2s
4. Neil Gehan/Andrea Gehan (Subaru WRX STI), +4m05.2s
5. Carwyn Harries/Mathew Henderson (Holden Gemini), +4m21.2s
6. Mark Povey/Steve Glenney (Datsun Stanza), +5m44.2s
Story: John Lemm, Photo: Frank Kutsche
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts