Sainz leads Rally Transiberico
- 1st June 2007, 10:18am
Portugese driver, Carlos Sousa, and his German co-driver, Andreas Schulz, claimed eleventh place on the first day of the opening round of the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup in front of thousands of enthusiastic fans.
The Rally Transiberico continues today with the longest leg. Two stages, each of 189 kilometres, will be completed on the 890 km long route to the Spanish town of Badajoz.
Standings after Stage 1:
1. Carlos Sainz/Michel Perin, VW Race Touareg 2, 6min6.8sec;
2. Colin McRae/Jean-Marc Fortin, Nissan Navara, 6:11.5;
3. Miguel Barbosa/Luis Ramalho, Proto Dessoude, 6:12.6;
4. Joan Roma/Lucas Cruz, Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, 6:15.3;
5. Luc Alphand/Gilles Piccard, Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, 6:19.2
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts