Semmens wins dusty Nissan Nightmoves
- 24th June 2007, 7:40pm
Experienced campaigners Brian Semmens and Dan Parry have won the Nissan Nightmoves Trial, round three of the Victorian Club Rally Series.
Driving their Nissan 200SX, they finished nearly four minutes clear of Andrew Taylor and Robin Smalley in a Mazda RX7. Their dust-free run at the head of the field proved invaluable in the dry conditions.
Third place went to the Lancer Evo 3 of Matthew Fenner and Stuart Blegg.
Impressive performances included that of young driver Brendan Brown who drove his Datsun 180B SSS into eighth place, and Emma Cugley, who was ninth in her Hyundai Excel.
Top 10 placings:
1. Brian Semmens/Dan Parry, Nissan 200SX, 12m05s
2. Andrew Taylor/Robin Smalley, Mazda RX7, 15:49
3. Mathew Fenner/Stuart Blegg, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 3, 18:12
4. Richard McNay/Andrew McNay, Holden Commodore VY Ute, 21:32
5. Darren Wythe/David Parkinson, Ford Laser TX3, 25:33
6. Phil Thomas/Ken Radnell, Holden Commodore, 28:18
7. Craig Jones/Sandra Cuttle, Mazda Familia GTR, 29:04
8. Brendan Brown/Colin Worthy, Datsun 180B SSS, 34:24
9. Emma Cugley/Ross Runnalls, Hyundai Excel, 36:49
10. Alex Kovacevic/Martin Warneke, Fiat 131, 39:01
Photos: John Doutch
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts