Spring 200 Rally victory to Taylor
- 23rd April 2007, 10:12am
Driving a Mazda RX7, the pair finished the event just seven seconds clear of the Nissan 200SX of Brian Semmens and Dan Parry.
With Semmens and Parry not being registered for VCRS points, second in the championship race went to Richard and Andrew McNay in a Holden Commodore Ute, ahead of the Toyota Sprinters of Richard Gill/Leeham Bansagi and Darren Roberts/Geoff Sheeran.
Ross and Scott Allan drove their Datsun Bluebird to 11th place and first in the Junior Cup, ahead of Dwayne Bruni/Matthew Anderson (Suzuki Baleno) and Brodie Crisp/Sarah Mammi (Datsun Stanza).
Fifty-one cars started the event, with only 35 making it to the finish.
The next round of the VCRS is the North Eastern Car Club’s Strathbogie Sprint Rally, an all-daylight event based out of Bonnie Doon. Supplementary Regulations for the event are available from the NECC website at: www.northeasterncarclub.org
Final Results, Spring 200 Trial
1. Andrew Taylor/Robin Smalley, Mazda RX7, 16m07s
2. Brian Semmens/Dan Parry, Nissan 200SX, 16:14
3. Richard McNay/Andrew McNay, Holden Commodore VY Ute, 17:47
4. Richard Gill/Leeham Bansagi, Toyota Sprinter, 18:50
5. Darren Roberts/Geoff Sheeran, Toyota Sprinter AE86, 18:53
6. Bernard Miron/Alan Mackay, Subaru Impreza RX, 20:45
7. Rob Davis/David James, Nissan Sunny Gti, 22:47
8. David Fanning/Marcus Shirrefs, Holden Commodore, 23:45
9. Sean Hudgson/Blair Carney, Datsun 1600, 24:35
10. Alex Kovacevic/Kate Cotter, Fiat 131, 26:38
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts