Vote for your CAMS Personality of the Year
- 14th November 2008, 9:59am
CAMS is calling on the Australian motor sport public to cast their votes for the 2008 CAMS Motor Sport Personality of the Year award, proudly sponsored by Shannons.
The award recognises competitors who are excellent ambassadors for Australian motor sport through their conduct both on and off the track.
Previous winners include Sue Evans, Marcos Ambrose, Craig Lowndes, Simon Evans, Grant Denyer and Marcus Zukanovic.
By casting your vote on CAMS.com.au, you could go into the draw to win a framed and signed Mark Webber print, kindly donated by the Australian Motor Sport Foundation (see the voting page on CAMS.com.au for full details).
All nominees must be:
- a current competitor in Australia in a category of four-wheeled motor sport; - a good role model for those interested in entering motor sport; - personable; - a fair competitor; - a ‘personality’ in the motor sport arena who promotes motor sport in a positive light.
The award will be announced and presented at the 2008 Australian Motor Sport Awards to be held at the Sofitel in Melbourne on Friday 12 December.
The nominees for the 2008 CAMS Personality of the Year are:
- Sheridan Philips (Aussie Racing Cars)
- Mat Sofi (Formula 3)
- Jake Chapman (Formula Ford)
- Mark Eddy (Australian GT Championship)
- Terry Knight (Porsche GT3 Challenge)
- Wayne Lamont (V8 Utes)
- Geoff Brown (Saloon Cars)
- Brett Holdsworth (Commodore Cup)
- Jim Richards (Biante Touring Car Masters)
- Eugene Arendsen (Australian Drift Championship)
- David Turner (Mini Challenge)
- James Courtney (V8 Supercars)
- James Moffat (Cup Car)
- Darren Hossack (Superkarts)
- Ian Mundell (HQ Holden) - Glen Raymond (Rally)
- Brad Gallard (Off Road)
Voting will close at 17:00 AEDST on Friday 28 November 2008.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts