6 and 13 …… Rally Mexico’s incredible WRC stats
Passionate World Rally Championship fan, Gary Boyd, has come up with an incredible set of statistics around last weekend’s Rally Mexico.
According to Gary, Rally Mexico is all about 6 and 13, as well as 6 times 13.
How about these for stats?
- up until 2017, Rally Mexico has been a WRC event 13 times
- there have been 6 different winners: Markko Martin, Petter Solberg, Seb Loeb, Seb Ogier, Jari-Matti Latvala and Kris Meeke
- Seb Loeb took 6 consecutive wins
- Seb Loeb’s last start in Rally Mexico was 6 years ago in 2012
- since 2010, the WRC has had 13 events each year
- 6 times 13 equals 78
- there have been 78 WRC events since Seb Loeb last did Rally Mexico
- Seb Loeb has 78 career WRC wins
- The other drivers starting in Mexico this year have 78 WRC wins between them
- From July 2005 (Argentina) to April 2012 (Argentina) Seb Loeb and Daniel Elena were unbeaten on Latin American soil. They won all 13 WRC rounds held in Central and South America over this 6 years and 9 month period.
As we said, incredible stats. Well done Gary!