Cancellation leaves VRC with just five rounds
- 22nd December 2016, 9:41pm
The second round of the 2017 Victorian Rally Championship, the Eildon Stages, has been cancelled by the organisers.
Event spokesman, Craig Jarvie, said that the cancellation was due to “circumstances out of our control”.
This leaves the 2017 series with just five rounds, starting with the Eureka Rally in Ballarat from March 17 to 19 - an event that is also a round of the Australian Rally Championship.
The 2016 Victorian Rally Championship was won by Darren Windus and Joe Brick in a Subaru Impreza WRX.
The all-new Fiesta One-Make Series will make its debut in 2017, with interest already extremely high with several new cars being build.
2017 Victorian Rally Championship calendar:
1. Eureka Rally (Ballarat), March 17-19
2. Mitta Mountain Rally (Mitta Valley), May 6
3. Pyrenees Rush (Avoca), August 27
4. Marysville Stages (Black Range), September 16
5. Akademos Rally (Blue Range), October 22
- Peter Whitten
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts