Coppin wins Narooma Forest Rally
- 28th July 2016, 3:51am
ARC regulars Adrian Coppin and Erin Kelly took out the popular Narooma Forest Rally on July 23rd, driving a Toyota Corolla S2000.
The pair won the six-stage event by nearly two minutes from the Lancer Evo X of Mick Patton and Bernie Webb, with Chris Higgs and Kirra Penny third in their Subaru WRX.
Tony Sullens appeared in a Ford Fiesta to take fourth place, with the top five rounded out by Andrew Penny’s Subaru. Bethany Cullen was an impressive sixth in her Lancer Evo 6.5.
The rally saw the driving debut of Lewis Bates, youngest son of Neal. Brother Harry sat in the co-driver’s seat in the front-wheel drive Toyota Corolla that he drove last season. Lewis finished the event in 19th place from the 45 starters.
Retirements included Michael Harding (Subaru) and Rhys Pinter (Ford Fiesta).
Top six finishers:
1. Adrian Coppin / Erin Kelly, Toyota Corolla S2000, 1h14m29s
2. Mick Patton / Bernie Webb, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, 1h16m20s
3. Chris Higgs / Kirra Penny, Subaru WRX STI, 1h17m58s
4. Tony Sullens / Kaylie Newell, Ford Fiesta, 1h19m30s
5. Andrew Penny / Rhys Llewellyn, Subaru WRX STI, 1h19m32s
6. Bethany Cullen / Matthew Cullen, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5, 1h20m02s
- Peter Whitten
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts