Fernie wins Moondarra Meander
- 13th November 2006, 11:26am
Run in East Gippsland, the Datsun-mounted pair won the event by just over two minutes from the similar car of Rick Hartmann and Dave Smith.
The fully navigation event was an arduous affair for all crews, but Fernie and Smalley proved that experience counts.
Third in the event were David Burn and Stephen Dunbar in a Galant, followed by Alan Upton and Mark Laidlay (Datsun) and David and Kate Officer (Galant).
Top 10 finishers
1. Doug Fernie/Robin Smalley, Datsun Bluebird, 4m44s lost
2. Rick Hartmann/Dave Smith, Datsun Bluebird, 6:45
3. David Burn/Stephen Dunbar, Mitsubishi Galant, 12:18
4. Alan Upton/Mark Laidlay, Datsun Bluebird P510, 17:48
5. David Officer/Kate Officer, Mitsubishi Colt Galant, 18:49
6. Robert Dyer/Steuart Snooks, Datsun PB210, 20:44
7. Matt Lee/Tracy Lee, Triumph 2500 PI, 36:02
8. Kim Harper/Nick Wright, Ford Escort RS2000, 71:09
9. John Pinkerton/Peter Shearman, Volkswagen 1500 Beetle, 81:17
10. Alex Kovacevic/Kate Cotter, Fiat 131, 104:29
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts