Gronholm heads Rally Oz shakedown
- 26th October 2006, 10:56am
Ten cars contested last night's shakedown for Telstra Rally Australia, with Ford's Marcus Gronholm a clear leader on the time sheets.
While Gronholm's team-mate, Mikko Hirovnen, completed only one run before an electrical fault saw his Focus become stuck in gear, none of the other competitors reported problems, aside from Manfred Stohl who touched a concrete barrier with the rear of his Peugeot 307.
Australian Chris Atkinson was the fifth fastest in his Subaru, with only Henning Solberg doing more runs around the Gloucester Park super special stage - eight, to Atkinson's six.
Competitors are now preparing for tonight's super special stage start, with the real action beginning tomorrow morning in the forests south of Perth
Leading shakedown times:
1. Marcus Gronholm, BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06, 2mins 35.9secs M1
2. Daniel Sordo, Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC 06, 2mins 37.6secs M1
3. Henning Solberg, OMV Peugeot Norway 307 WRC, 2mins 37.9secs M2
4. Petter Solberg, Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006, 2mins 38.1secs M1
5. Chris Atkinson, Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006, 2mins 38.2secs M1
6. Xavier Pons, Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC 06, 2mins 39.8secs
7. Luis-Perez Companc, Stobart VK Ford Focus WRC 05, 2mins 39.9secs M2
8. Manfred Stohl, OMV Peugeot Norway 307 WRC, 2mins 40.1secs M2
9. Matthew Wislon, Stobart VK Ford Focus WRC 06, 2mins 40.3secs M2
10. Mikko Hirvonen, BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06, 3mins 03.1secs M1
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts