Neales win Oberon Rally (Updated)
- 20th April 2007, 9:35am
Driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5, the pair came home well ahead of the similar car of Trevor Stilling, with two-wheel drive cars filling the next five places.
Thirty-six cars started the event, yet only 28 made it to the finish after the rally’s eight stages.
The event was held in extremely dusty conditions as the severe drought across the eastern states of Australia continues unabated.
1. Neale/Neale, Lancer Evo 5, 1h26m20s
2. Stilling/Taylor, Lancer Evo 5, 1.27.55
3. Pinckham/Wilesmith, Holden Commodore, 1.33.49
4. Gibbons/Heslewood, Datsun 280Z, 1.34.34
5. Hough/Edwards, Gemini Special, 1.35.15
6. Arnold/Smy, Datsun 1600, 1.36.36
7. Thompson/Tams, Nissan Skyline RS, 1.37.47
8. Anderson/Bentley, Mitsubishi Galant VR4, 1.38.09
9. Winks/Hodgkin, Holden Commdore, 1.39.27
10. Crane/Anderson, Peugeot 504, 1.39.37
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts