SunCoast Classic course gets approval
- 25th April 2007, 8:28am
After three years of careful planning, Silverstone Events is confident that the approved course will offer competitors a fun and challenging experience while meeting world-class safety standards.
“This will be a fantastic event that will offer competitors a challenging driving experience in a safe and fun environment, “ said SunCoast marketing manager, Chris Bowden.
“We have worked closely with all levels of government and Queensland police leading up to the event and I am sure the strong cooperation between all parties will make the inaugural event a huge success,” added Chris Bowden.
With final revisions of the course, one significant improvement for competitors is be the unique chance to tackle the famous Noosa Hill climb, which is normally only available once a year during the Noosa Car Club event.
In a win for event organisers, Silverstone Events, the hill climb course has been secured for a whole day of activities, allowing each car to attack the course, not once, but three or four times, making way for competitors to win specialist trophies in each class of competition.
The revision and approval of the final course has made its way through each and every approval stage, from local to state government, the police and even more importantly, been closely overseen by SunCoast Classic’s number one safety driver, Kevin ‘KB’ Bartlett.
Bartlett, or ‘KB’, as the motorsport public knows him, is a Sunshine Coast local and has been involved in the careful selection of almost every road that SunCoast will travel down.
“This will be just a terrific event and the hill climb is a fantastic piece of road, I will have to hold myself back from having a go on the course, it will be a real highlight of the event,” said Kevin Bartlett.
“I was delighted to be involved in the road selection process and I believe that all the competitors will love the roads in SunCoast,” added Bartlett.
With tremendous value and fun in mind, SunCoast Classic will offer competitors four days of exciting and challenging roads, while getting the chance to relax on the spectacular Noosa waterfront.
Monday and Tuesday- 3rd and 4th July
· Its all business with competitor registration and scrutineering taking place just outside the Sheraton Resort at Noosa Heads.
Wednesday- 4th July
· Competitor Briefing and Safety Briefing will be held at the Sheraton Resort Ballroom.
· Competitors Welcome Function will be held at “The Boathouse Floating Restaurant”, on the riverfront at Noosaville.
Thursday- 5th July
· SunCoast Classic action begins with the “Shannons Hillclimb Challenge”!!!
Friday- 6th July
· Competitors hit the open road, heading south from Noosa the course winds its way down through Kilcoy as far south as Mt.Mee. The day course will feature no less than ten special stages.
Saturday- 7th July
· Heading north, competitors enjoy eight special stages through the Cooroy, Black Mountain and Ridgewood regions.
· One of the events signature stages will be the lunchtime stop at the ‘Roadcraft’ driver training complex at Gympie, each competitor enjoying a chance to tackle the demanding skid pan and track.
Sunday- 8th July
· The final day will flow through the magnificent Sunshine Coast hinterland taking in Landsborough and the Glasshouse Mountains. The event will finish in style on the stunning Noosa waterfront.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW TO READ THE FULL STORY
By clicking "Subscribe Now" you agree to receive news, offers and updates on RallySport Magazine. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can update your preferences in My Account.
We will commence charging your payment method after the 7 day free trial expires. If you cancel after expiry of your trial, cancellation will take effect from the end of your current monthly subscription period. You will not be refunded any fees paid to RallySport Magazine unless otherwise set out in the terms and conditions.