Villagra takes lead in Argentine Rally Championship
- 9th November 2010, 12:24pm
"Coyote" made his way through the race setting a fast and faultless pace which enables him to win nine of the fourteen stages scheduled to finally beat Pozzo who came 39,1s. adrift.
The former FIA Production Cup winner was far from matching Villagra's pace, fighting hard instead with Tango's owner Marcos Ligato (Mitsubishi), who was at the verge of snatching the second position until Pozzo's final reaction. Four positioned was Claudio Menzi (VW/Baratec) drivin g the sole Maxi Rally car so far, whilst Juan Marchetto (Mitsubishsi/VRS) finished fifth.
The final round of the series will be held next month (December 10-12) in Unquillo, in the province of Córdoba where the champion will be crowned. Villagra is chasing his ninth title -fifth in a row- whereas Pozzo is in search of his maiden national championship.
Rally Pagos del Tuyú
1. Federico Villagra-Diego Curletto (Mitsubishi) 1h15m58,4s.
2. Gabriel Pozzo-Daniel Stillo (Subaru) + 39,1s.
3. Marcos Ligato-Rubén García (Mitsubishi) + 51,5s.
4. Claudio Menzi-Diego Cagnotti (Volkswagen) + 1m04,7s.
5. Juan Marchetto-Gustavo Franchello (Mitsubishi) + 1m30,5s.
6. Juan Gil De Marchi-Mauro Albornoz (Mitsubishi) + 3m35,8s.
7. Adrián Santos-Nicolás Álvarez (Mitsubishi) + 3m38,5s.
8. Agustín Elvira-Oscar Tagle (Mitsubishi) + 4m03,8s.
- Full access
- Exclusive news
- Store & Tour discounts